The occurrence of garlic single head rate is related to the following factors:
1. Garlic seeds, Garlic varieties suitable for planting in this area should be selected first. Garlic seeds should have large garlic heads and fat garlic cloves, and each clove of garlic should be clearly separated, with 4 - 8 cloves constituting one garlic. If garlic seeds with small garlic heads and thin garlic cloves are selected, the seedlings will grow weakly after sowing and the ability to absorb fertilizer will be poor, which will seriously affect the split scales and plates and will easily form single garlic. According to the survey in 1999, the single head rate of spring sowing small clove garlic was 50 % ~ 60 %, while the single head rate of large clove garlic was only 5 % ~ 8 %.
2. The soil, the barren soil or the ground where garlic has been planted in succession, is affected by the soil quality and insufficient fertilizer, resulting in weak seedlings and poor development of scales and plates that cannot be split into single-headed garlic. According to the investigation, the spring garlic 667m2 was fertilized with 1000 kg of chicken manure and 10kg of urea after returning to green and bolting, with a single head rate of only 5 % ~ 10 % and a single head rate of 50 % ~ 60 % without fertilization.
3. The garlic cloves were formed by the lateral buds in the axils of the leaves on the scaly plate at the sowing date, and were affected by temperature, light and nutrients. Therefore, if the sowing date is too early or too late, the growth and development of garlic will be affected. If it is better to plant the garlic before the 9th in spring, it will result in a high rate of single garlic too late. Practice shows that the single head rate of spring garlic is 10 % ~ 15 % in the 5 ~ 7 days before the vernal equinox, while the single head rate is 20 % ~ 30 % in the 5 ~ 7 days after the vernal equinox.
4. Planting method, farmers always want to close planting garlic, save some land, or think that increasing the density can produce high yield, but the density greatly damages the area occupied by individuals, resulting in the phenomenon that garlic plants compete for nutrients per unit area, resulting in insufficient fertilizer and space restrictions, and the formation of single-headed garlic. 667m2 species have a single head rate of 30 % - 40 %, while planting 25 % - 30 000 plants has a single head rate of only 8 % - 10 %.
5. Management, garlic has strong adaptability, but it is very sensitive to environmental conditions, nutrients and moisture in the growth process. In the management process, it is often caused by poor growth of individuals due to fertilizer, water, diseases and insect pests, and grass damage. Scales are not easy to bud or individuals cannot form a single head through expansion.
There is no need to say more about the value advantages of single-head garlic, but its output is low and it is mostly used for processing products with high added value, such as black garlic. It is rarely used for processing dehydrated garlic, such as dehydrated garlic flakes, dehydrated garlic granules, dehydrated garlic powder, etc.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Characteristics and Trend of China Garlic Export
- Garlic has such magical effects in treating hem...
- The Main Advantages of Chinese Garlic in Intern...
- Why does eating garlic cause bad breath and bod...
- Sowing and harvesting time of garlic in China
- The Main Origin of Garlic in China
- Why do garlic rarely grow in greenhouses?
- How to remove the garlic smell after eating?
- How to remove bad breath after eating garlic? U...
- What are the garlic varieties?
- Saccharification in dehydrated garlic granules ...